Abjad

An abjad is a writing system in which only consonants are represented, leaving vowel sounds to be inferred by the reader. This contrasts with true alphabets, which provide glyphs for both consonants and vowels. The term introduced in 1990 by Peter T. Daniels. Other terms for the same concept include: partial phonemic script, segmentally linear defective phonographic script, consonantary, consonant writing, and consonantal alphabet.
Abugida
An abugida, sometimes known as alphasyllabary, neosyllabary or pseudo-alphabet, is a segmental writing system in which consonant-vowel sequences are written as units; each unit is based on a consonant letter, and vowel notation is secondary. This
Syllabary
In the linguistic study of written languages, a syllabary is a set of written symbols that represent the syllables or moras which make up words
Byblian royal inscriptions
The Byblian royal inscriptions are five inscriptions from Byblos written in an early type of Phoenician script, all of which were discovered in the early 20th century
Khirbet Qeiyafa ostracon
The Khirbet Qeiyafa ostracon is a 15-by-16.5-centimetre ostracon with five lines of text, discovered during excavations at Khirbet Qeiyafa in 2008
Louis Deshayes
Louis Deshayes, Baron de Courmemin, born in 1600 and died on 12 October 12, 1632, was a French diplomat
Kesecek Köyü inscription
The Kesecek Köyü inscription is a 4th century BCE Aramaic inscription originally located on the cliffs overlooking the Berdan River near the village of Kesecek Köyü about 25-35 km north-east of Tarsus, Mersin
Jean-Joseph-Léandre Bargès
Abbe Jean-Joseph-Léandre Bargès, born in Auriol, Bouches-du-Rhône, February 27, 1810 - December 31, 1896 was a French orientalist
Crystoleum
The crystoleum, from "crystal" + "oleum" (oil), process was a method of applying colour to an albumen print, popular from c. 1880 – c. 1910
Calvinium
The Calvinium or the Salle de la Réformation was a building for events in Geneva, at the corner of Rue du Rhône and Boulevard Helvétique. It was demolished in 1969 and replaced by a building which now houses the South African consulate. The building
Cold Water Cemetery
Cold Water Cemetery (CWC), also known as the Sinks and the Patterson Family Cemetery, is a historic cemetery located at 15290 Old Halls Ferry Road in Florissant, St. Louis County, Missouri. The cemetery is 1.5 acres and was historically most active